iPhone 4S - My First iPhone

Sponsored

After battling with myself for a couple of months (and without obsessing over a single product review), I finally made the commitment. I bought an iPhone 4S and it is my first official iPhone.

Unboxing the new iPhone 4S.
The iPhone 4S first official release is on October 16, 2011 (US)

iPhone 4S is my second Apple product. My first one was the iPod Touch 4th Gen. After four months of using my iPod, there was not a day that I did not wish that I could use it to call or send text messages - well, actually I could, and I did. But I wanted it to be a phone, and independent from WiFi to communicate. And so when the iPhone 4S got released, buying it and ditching my iPod was a no brainer.

My appreciation on the Apple products went through a bit of threshold. I am generally resistant to market hype. I would like to think that I am a smart consumer. It is a common consumer standard that a product has to be worth every cent that you're going to pay for it. On top of that, I also believe that service and  experience are of equal importance to the  product itself. The latest iPhone is just "IT". It's intuitive; you won't find useless or hard-to-figure-out settings. It's smartly designed, fast, and most importantly extremely useful. You can text, call, send emails, surf the web, play, and get organized. It is everything you need in a phone and more. It's just - in my current demands, lifestyle, and standards - perfect. My iPod trial, my background in electronics and software engineering, and the need for a new phone, (and the stars may have also aligned but I did not wait for that) all lead to the big move.

The iPhone 4S home screen after activating it for the first time.
The all-new iPhone 4S home screen shows all the new apps in iOS 5.

This blog is going to be exactly  what  the description says. This will document my daily routine and iPhone 4S's role in it - the good parts, the bad, the new finds, the happy moments, and the technical stuffs I have to learn to make the relationship easy. I hope you guys find the upcoming reads both entertaining and informative. Enjoy!

Sponsored
Copyright 2011. All rights reserved.
artist photos